AI for CEMENT
Accelerate your Journey to Industry 4.0.
Petuum, along with our customer CEMEX, was awarded “Cement Project of the Year” for the implementation of Petuum Industrial AI at CEMEX plants.
- Increase yield up to 7%
- Improve product quality and consistency
- Reduce product giveaway
Enhance Process Stability
- Maximize uptime
- Improve process safety
- Increase responsiveness
- Avoid over-or-under production
- Increase asset utilization (cooler, vertical mill, ball mill, kiln, preheater)
Petuum Optimum for Cement:
- Streams forecasts of process parameter values in real time
- Prescribes immediate actions for maximization of yield at minimal costs and high quality
- Feeds recommendations directly into operational control systems for a supervised-steer (autonomous operation)
- Results in an increase of yield by 2% and a reduction of energy costs by up to 5%
Smart plants with standardized operations that can be run at repeatable efficiency.
Why Petuum Optimum vs Traditional Solutions
- Sophisticated techniques for data cleaning and normalizing so the AI is robust to noisiness, unlike traditional solutions
- Applied ML/DL models that learn based on real data, avoiding assumptions of linearity or correlation, and sensitive to linear, non-linear, temporal and long-range patterns in the data
- Repeatable machine learning pipelines and standardized interfaces with control systems, for scalable, rapid deployment and time to value
CEMEX Presentation at PI World
Watch our customer present their story.